About The Role
Do you have a strong passion for learning about new tech industries? Are you interested in working with cool startup tech companies across different sectors? If yes, this could be your next perfect career move.
We’re looking for an A+ Director of Account Management to join our growing team. This is a highly-visible client-facing position based in NYC. This role is equal parts strategic, creative and disciplined. We want you to take your expertise and apply it to multiple tech companies across various sectors, such as Adtech, Martech, Edtech, Fintech, Retailtech, and eCommerce.
What We’re Looking For?
- Experience — 7-10 years of account management experience with B2B or SaaS startups, leading teams and/or advanced project management.
- Process Management - you have exceptional process management skills and can scale them across multiple clients and stakeholders
- Cross-functional experience - you have a proven track record of working with specialists across multiple disciplines.
- Collaboration - you thrive in an environment where everyone works remotely; you can successfully lead and collaborate with other senior professionals and external contractors.
- Initiative - you understand the start-up mindset and prioritize speed, agility and results. You actively look for gaps with a positive, solution-oriented approach.
- Delivering with excellence - you only put the best in front of team members and clients.
- Communication - you have excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills; delivering your thoughts and ideas in a clear and concise manner.
- Growth mindset - you bring complementary skills and expertise to the team on a consistent basis; always willing to teach the team and learn from team members.
- Organization - you value organization, efficiency and transparency; always striving to keep clients and team members in the loop.
What You’ll Be Doing?
- Client Account Direction & Project Management:
- Serve as the day-to-day client lead and create strong relationships with senior client stakeholders and influence decision-makers
- Seek ways to anticipate client challenges and find opportunities to help the client achieve and beat core objectives
- Develop client programs in partnership with Heads of Executive Visibility & PR, Growth Marketing, and Product Marketing, including plan, resourcing, and budget
- Create and manage workstreams across all functional areas
- Serve as final eyes on all client-facing work; ensuring that anything the client receives is stellar
- Deliver regular client reporting (weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually)
- Present client updates weekly on internal SMG team meetings
- Manage client project projections and manage projects within projected budgets
- Project Management:
- Serve as the resource director, anticipating client work shifts and assigning evolving project leads, managing the progress of all projects and assisting all team members in managing their workflow and time
- Lead weekly team meeting outlining priorities for the week
- Review hours tracking for all team members and compare hours against budget to ensure hours match back to client retainers (maintain profitability of each account)
- Work with the Managing Director on all client related billing including invoicing clients, obtaining approvals on budgets and OOP costs, and ensuring payments are received on time
- Manage scheduling for client accounts’ regular weekly meetings, monthly/quarterly and in-person client meetings, QBRs, etc.
- New Business and Contract Management:
- Develop all new and up-sell/change order client contracts and SOWs in partnership with SMG’s CEO and Managing Director
- Assess staffing needs to complete all SOWs and determine appropriate project or retainer fees for the contract
- Develop all scopes of work for new and existing clients including drafting SOWs, and change orders
- Manage the contract review and revision process and work with clients to get all SOWs approved
- Manage new business onboarding; create team, budget and project plan and get approvals from client before work begins
- Maintain a deep understanding of contracts and conduct regular reviews of SOWs to ensure meets and beats all contractual obligations
- Create updated SOWs and manage/complete client and internal SMG approval on any changes to original work scopes.
- Work with Managing Director to continuously provide feedback on ways to improve existing solutions
- Develop and manage all agreements with contractors in partnership with the Managing Director
- We strike a perfect balance between being strategic and executing with excellence for our clients.
- We are diverse and inclusive. We respect different viewpoints, educational backgrounds, and ensure employees and contractors pay parity.
- We promote our people and help team members develop their personal brands in the market.
- We encourage independence. We work remotely and transparently while avoiding micromanaging, schedule-policing and presenteeism.
- Our open time-off policy means you take the time you need. We believe hard workers need time to recharge.
SalientMG is a strategic marketing firm based in New York City with team members across North America. We are senior marketers, not traditional consultants. We collaborate with our clients to identify their salient points - what makes their business truly remarkable. B2B tech companies partner with us to launch, accelerate, or streamline their marketing strategy and programs. Since 2013, growth-stage tech companies such as Verizon, Etsy, Ogury, Ubermedia and Rovio have relied on us to create market-differentiation and accelerate growth. Our clients are accepted by referral only.
SalientMG provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, SalientMG complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.