About The Role
Do you have a strong passion for increasing visibility for under-represented executives (women, people of color, LGBTQ, disabled, etc.)? Are you interested in working with innovative, startup tech companies across different sectors? Are you a master executive and corporate storyteller? If yes, this could be your next perfect career move.
We’re looking for a Senior Director of Executive Visibility & PR to join our growing team as a senior executive leading the P&L and team. This is a highly-visible client-facing position based in NYC or CA and reports to the CEO. We want you to take your expertise and deep industry relationships to help our Adtech, Martech, Edtech, Fintech, Retailtech, DTC, Gaming and eCommerce executives and clients best position themselves in their relevant markets.
What We’re Looking For
- Experience — 15+ years of demonstrated Executive Visibility/PR and media relations experience; a successful candidate must have experience in B2B and tech/SaaS companies; experience in-house/client side is also highly preferred
- Connections — an established ‘rolodex’ of key reporter contacts across tier one business outlets (including broadcast producers/reporters), trade publications, podcasts, and has a proven record of developing new reporter and conference relationships
- Cross-functional marketing experience - a proven track record of working with specialists across thought leadership, growth marketing and communicationsC
- Collaboration - thrive in an environment where everyone works remotely; you can successfully lead and collaborate with other senior professionals and external contractors
- Initiative - understand the start-up mindset and prioritize speed, agility and results. You actively look for gaps with a positive, solution-oriented approach
- Delivering with excellence - only put the best in front of team members and clients
- Communication - superior written, verbal, and presentation skills; delivering your thoughts and ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Growth mindset - you bring complementary skills and expertise to the team on a consistent basis; always willing to teach the team and learn from team members
- Organization - you value organization, efficiency and transparency; always striving to keep clients and team members in the loop
What You’ll Be Doing?
- Overall Goals & Objectives:
- Buildout and manage the Executive Visibility & PR department, solutions and serve as BD lead
- Serve as SMG industry evangelist
- Lead the hiring, development and retention of top-tier talent
- Be the strategic lead for clients and provide senior counsel for tactical implementation of client strategies
- Department Management
- Buildout and manage the entire Executive Visibility & PR department within SalientMG, including department P&L, program budget & forecasting, internal team, external freelancers & contractors, client contracts & SOWs, upsells and cross-sells, and partnerships
- Partner with SMG product marketing to develop solutions and full GTM
- Act as senior PR/Media Relations resource for client meetings and brainstorming/responding to new business requests
- Establish relevant executive visibility monthly goals and tailored plans for all clients
- Ensure PR team secures monthly Tier 1 media, speaking and/or award opportunities for all clients
- Ensure writers produce monthly thought leadership deliverables (with excellence), according to their contracts
- Industry Evangelist
- As the market-facing lead, you are responsible for proactively and reactively evangelizing SMG’s PR & Executive Visibility solutions
- Establish and tap into your existing industry relationships with media outlets, conferences, etc. to ensure maximum opportunities for SMG’s clients
- Talent Management
- Manage the entire PR & Executive Visibility team, including director(s) of media relations, director(s) of thought-leadership, and other supporting roles
- Conduct weekly 1-1s, quarterly MBOs, reviews, etc
- Develop and maintain a strong bench of freelancers and contractors; full-time talent queue
- Strategic Client Lead
- Establish and cultivate strong relationships with client’s c-suite and executive team to ensure SMG’s programs are aligned with their business objectives
- Collaborate with SMG’s PR and thought-leadership team to develop compelling stories and pitches for the business itself and their executives
- Collaborate and oversee SMG’s thought-leadership writers to ensure strong and differentiated content is produced
- Program Development
- Collaborate with the CEO, Managing-Director, Senior Director of Product Marketing and other team leads to develop best-in class Executive Visibility & PR solutions (for both existing solutions and future programs)
- Work with the Managing Director and Director of Accounts on all new business SOW structure, account structure, financial projections and more
- We strike a perfect balance between being strategic and executing with excellence for our clients.
- We are diverse and inclusive. We respect different viewpoints, educational backgrounds, and ensure employees and contractors pay parity.
- We promote our people and help team members develop their personal brands in the market.
- We encourage independence. We work remotely and transparently while avoiding micromanaging, schedule-policing and presenteeism.
- Our open time-off policy means you take the time you need. We believe hard workers need time to recharge.
SalientMG is a strategic marketing firm based in New York City with team members across North America. We are senior marketers, not traditional consultants. We collaborate with our clients to identify their salient points - what makes their business truly remarkable. B2B tech companies partner with us to launch, accelerate, or streamline their marketing strategy and programs. Since 2013, growth-stage tech companies such as Verizon, Etsy, Ogury, Ubermedia and Rovio have relied on us to create market-differentiation and accelerate growth. Our clients are accepted by referral only.
SalientMG provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, SalientMG complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.