You're a multi-gifted social marketing content pro who understands the power of good storytelling and digs into the broad and nuanced parts of the industry. You keep things moving and tight while thinking ahead. And you love social—really love it. You know where and how clients should show up on the right platforms. And you’re not afraid to share (and back up) your point of view.
If this is you, then this role at SalientMG (SMG), a leading independent B2B agency focused on tech and startup visibility, is for you.
We’re looking for a Senior Manager of Social & Content to join our growing team. You’ll apply your content creation expertise to startups and tech companies across various sectors, including Martech, Edtech, Fintech, Retailtech, eCommerce, digital marketplaces, and emerging technologies like drones and Web 3.0.
The talent in this dynamic position develops work that is highly visible, especially in social media, amplifying our clients and the SMG brand. You’ll also need to be comfortable tactically, shifting focus, format, and style from project to project or client to client. One moment, you’re zipping through engaging social copy, the next, you’ll work on longer-term projects and everywhere in-between.
The successful candidate exhibits a combination of strategic thinking and execution, an understanding of business culture and how to drive engagement, wants to find unique and creative ways into the B2B conversation and is a stickler for the details. Since this is a newly created role, we’re excited to see the vision, range of ideas and skills you bring to the position.
The Senior Manager of Social & Content reports to the Director of Content Marketing and works closely with other SMG teammates and contractors.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Developing overall visions and strategies in social for clients and SMG, including audience development, platform prioritization, engagement and visibility. That’s code for: We want our clients and the agency to show up in social media.
- End-to-end planning and management of content and social assets for all stages of the marketing funnel—with an emphasis on visual (i.e., video, well-designed imagery) and other storytelling that creates compelling narratives for clients and SMG. This includes other tactical aspects of social media, including copy and other writing.
- Developing organic content for clients while also partnering with the Director of Demand Generation on paid opportunities for clients and SMG.
- Consistent audits and tweaks to strategies and campaigns, including suggestions for specific platforms and design.
- Managing social media/community for select clients, including social listening, community management and engagement.
- Using analytical skills to assess reports and KPIs to feed back to clients and SMG via performance dashboards.
- Contributing to larger integrated campaign frameworks for clients and SMG. This includes support for SMG’s content and other marketing initiatives.
- Digging into productions for customer testimonials, product demos, sizzle reels, and other video and visual assets.
- Collaborating with our Growth Marketing team to ensure the content is distributed to the right audiences/channels and does well in the SEO game.
- Using marketing tools such as WordPress, Hootsuite, and Sprout Social.
- Helping develop and maintain consistent content standards.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience: At least three (3) years of experience in social media marketing and/or management.
- Industry Experience: Experience in the tech/SaaS and/or marketing space is preferred but we’re more interested in your passion for the transformative impact of technology on businesses and people. Agency experience, especially working on brand campaigns, is a nice-to-have, though not required.
- Cross-Functional Experience: A proven track record of working with specialists across digital marketing, growth marketing, product marketing, communications, and design.
- Collaboration: You excel in a remote environment and can successfully collaborate with other senior professionals and external contractors.
- Initiative: You understand the startup/entrepreneurial mindset and can operate with agility and prioritize quality results. But you also know when to take a beat, slow it down and think of the longer-term.
- Excellence: You set the bar high and put your best work in front of team members and clients.
- Communication: Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills. You can deliver thoughts and direction clearly and concisely.
- Growth Mindset: No one knows everything. You consistently bring complementary skills and expertise to the team and are always willing to teach and learn from team members.
- Curiosity: This is a huge industry. We want people to explore, ask questions and tinker.
- Organization: You value organization, efficiency and transparency and always strive to keep clients and team members in the loop.
- We are independent and happily leave the red tape behind.
- We strike a solid balance between being strategic and executing with excellence for our clients.
- We are diverse and inclusive. We respect different viewpoints and educational backgrounds and ensure pay parity for employees and contractors.
- We grow and promote our people, and help them develop their personal brands in the market. Though not expected, we compensate teammates for business referrals.
- We work remotely and transparently while avoiding micromanaging, schedule-policing and presenteeism.
- Our open time-off policy means you take the time you need. We believe hard workers need time to recharge.
- Please include a link to your content portfolio of at least three samples of different types of marketing writing/content you’ve done.
- The individual in this role can be based in the United States or Canada.
SalientMG is an independent strategic marketing firm based in New York City with team members across North America. We are senior marketers, not traditional consultants. We collaborate with our clients to identify their salient points—what makes their business truly remarkable. B2B tech companies partner with us to launch, accelerate, or streamline their marketing strategy and programs. Since 2013, growth-stage tech companies such as Verizon, Etsy, Ogury, Ubermedia and Rovio have relied on us to create market differentiation and accelerate growth. Our clients are accepted by referral only.
SalientMG provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by federal law. In addition to federal law requirements, SalientMG complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.