About the Role
Are you a multi-talented marketing writer who’s a stickler for good storytelling and proper grammar?
Do you have experience with marketing for B2B and SAAS companies? Have you worked at a start-up or on the client-side?
Do you have a passion for learning new things? In particular, are you interested in working with innovative tech companies across different sectors and have a talent for inspiring others through your writing?
If yes, this could be the perfect role for you.
We’re looking for an accomplished Director of B2B Content Marketing to join our growing team. You’ll apply your content creation expertise to tech companies across various sectors, such as Adtech, Martech, Edtech, Fintech, Retailtech, and eCommerce.
But this is not a technical writing job—it’s a dynamic, highly-visible, client-facing position. On the creative side, you’ll develop content that effectively positions clients where they want to be in the marketplace. On the tactical side, you’ll need to be comfortable shifting focus and style from project to project or client to client. The successful candidate will be both an exceptional wordsmith and an organized, detail-oriented marketing professional. Since this is a newly created role, we’re excited to see the range of ideas and skills you bring to the position.
The Director of B2B Content Marketing will report to the Head of Growth Marketing.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- This role is equal parts strategy and execution - in other words, you’ll be developing thoughtful content strategy and leading the execution of it, drawing on your tech industry experience.
- Collaborate directly with client marketing teams and executives to create differentiated and impactful content marketing strategies and executional plans
- Lead the entire end-to-end production of medium-to-long form content for clients such as white papers, blog posts, collateral (brochures, case studies), email & newsletter, infographics, social media posts, and more.
- Incorporating general feedback as well as keyword, SEO and/or analytics findings into content revisions or new content production as needed.
- Direct, collaborate, and manage SMG's external vendors and freelancers for creative, design, audio & video production, and more, to ensure content is visually brought to life.
- Collaborate with SMG’s Head of Growth Marketing and Digital Marketing team members to ensure the content is distributed to the right audiences across the right channels.
- Collaborate with SMG’s Head of Product Marketing to establish and productize our content marketing solutions for clients.
- Provide support for SMG’s blog and other content marketing needs.
- Adhering to existing style guides and/or helping develop and maintain consistent content standards.
- Project management for assigned tasks. Although you will work with an Accounts Lead on all client work, you are responsible for ensuring adherence to the brief/project direction and the proactive tracking and reporting of progress toward milestones and on-time delivery.
What We’re Looking For
- Experience — you have a minimum of seven (7) years experience writing marketing copy (it’s ok if past job titles don’t specify this, as long as you’ve done the work in a professional capacity).
- Industry Experience - you have multiple years of experience in the tech / SAAS space, and you’re passionate about the transformative impact of technology on businesses and people.
- Cross-Functional Experience — you have a proven track record of working with specialists across product marketing, digital marketing, design, and communications.
- Collaboration — you thrive in an environment where everyone works remotely; you can successfully lead and collaborate with other senior professionals and external contractors.
- Initiative — you actively look for content or strategic gaps and address them with a positive, solution-oriented approach. You understand a start-up mindset and can operate with speed and agility while still prioritizing quality results.
- Excellence — you set high expectations and only put your best work in front of team members and clients.
- Communication — you have excellent written, verbal and presentation skills. You can deliver thoughts and direction in a clear and concise manner.
- Growth Mindset — you bring complementary skills and expertise to the team on a consistent basis and are always willing to teach as well as learn from team members.
- Organization — you value organization, efficiency and transparency; always striving to keep clients and team members in the loop.
- We strike a perfect balance between being strategic and executing with excellence for our clients.
- We are diverse and inclusive. We respect different viewpoints and educational backgrounds, and ensure employees and contractors pay parity.
- We promote our people and help team members develop their personal brands in the market.
- We encourage independence. We work remotely and transparently while avoiding micromanaging, schedule-policing and presenteeism.
- Our open time-off policy means you take the time you need. We believe hard workers need time to recharge.
SalientMG is a strategic marketing firm based in New York City with team members across North America. We are senior marketers, not traditional consultants. We collaborate with our clients to identify their salient points - what makes their business truly remarkable. B2B tech companies partner with us to launch, accelerate, or streamline their marketing strategy and programs. Since 2013, growth-stage tech companies such as Verizon, Etsy, Ogury, Ubermedia and Rovio have relied on us to create market-differentiation and accelerate growth. Our clients are accepted by referral only.
SalientMG provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, SalientMG complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.