You love working on video, highly visual, and long-form content that helps clients get noticed. You’re a pro at managing projects but also someone who has a point of view to make the work better at every stage. You have creative and production chops, but also easily source outside professionals who do high-quality work.
If this is you, then this role at SalientMG (SMG), a leading independent B2B agency focused on tech and startup visibility, is for you.
We’re looking for a Director of Video & Content Strategy to join our growing team. You’ll apply your expertise and relationship to startups and tech companies across various sectors, including Martech, Edtech, Fintech, Retailtech, eCommerce, digital marketplaces, and emerging technologies like drones and Web 3.0. You’ll build out video, visual and long-form content strategies and manage the end-to-end process.
The Director of Video & Content Strategy reports to the Senior Vice President of Brand, Creative and Content and works closely with other SMG teammates and contractors.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Develop strategies and lead project management for video, and visual and long-form content such as white papers and infographics.
- Proactively come up with innovative content ideas and strategies for new and existing clients as well as for SalientMG’s own brand.
- Being comfortable selling your ideas and collaborating with our business development team on building effective proposals for content pitches.
- Creating and executing SMG-centric strategies to elevate the agency in the marketplace.
- Creating, growing and maintaining freelancer and vendor roster. This may include individuals, production/animation companies.
- Managing project budgets and addressing any legal/use issues for projects for business affairs.
- Working closely with Senior Vice President of Brand, Creative and Content to develop client and agency-wide visions and strategies for video, visual assets and content, including standards, processes and expectations.
- Working closely with the Director of Creative & Design to ensure that all work is held to a high standard of quality.
- Working closely with Marketing Ops and Demand Gen to ensure content is distributed and consumed for the target audience, and measuring its effectiveness.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience: At least five (5) years of experience in video and content, especially in a digital environment. Agency experience, especially working on brand campaigns, is a plus.
- Industry Experience: Experience in the tech/SaaS and/or marketing space is preferred but we’re more interested in your passion for the transformative impact of technology on businesses and people.
- Technical Expertise: Expert proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud suite and other creativity tools.
- Cross-Functional Experience: A proven track record of flexibility, working across departments. Experience in digital marketing, growth marketing, product marketing, and communications is a plus.
- Collaboration: You excel in a remote environment and can successfully collaborate with other senior professionals and external contractors.
- Initiative: You understand the startup/entrepreneurial mindset and can operate with speed and agility while still prioritizing quality results.
- Excellence: You set the bar high and put your best work in front of team members and clients.
- Communication: Excellent written, visual, verbal and presentation skills. You can deliver thoughts and direction clearly and concisely.
- Growth Mindset: You consistently bring complementary skills and expertise to the team and are always willing to teach and learn from team members.
- Curiosity: This is a huge industry. We want people to explore, ask questions and tinker.
- Organization: You value organization, efficiency and transparency and always strive to keep clients and team members in the loop.
- We are independent and happily leave the red tape behind.
- We strike a solid balance between being strategic and executing with excellence for our clients.
- We are diverse and inclusive. We respect different viewpoints and educational backgrounds and ensure pay parity for employees and contractors.
- We grow and promote our people, and help them develop their personal brands in the market. Though not expected, we compensate teammates for business referrals.
- We work remotely and transparently while avoiding micromanaging, schedule-policing and presenteeism.
- Our open time-off policy means you take the time you need. We believe hard workers need time to recharge.
- Please include a link to your portfolio of at least five (5) samples of different types of campaign/projects you’ve worked on.
- The individual in this role can be based in the United States or Canada.
SalientMG is a strategic marketing firm based in New York City with team members across North America. We are senior marketers, not traditional consultants. We collaborate with our clients to identify their salient points—what makes their business truly remarkable. B2B tech companies partner with us to launch, accelerate, or streamline their marketing strategy and programs. Since 2013, growth-stage tech companies such as Verizon, Etsy, Ogury, Ubermedia and Rovio have relied on us to create market differentiation and accelerate growth. Our clients are accepted by referral only.
SalientMG provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by federal law. In addition to federal law requirements, SalientMG complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.