About the Role
Are you a big picture thinker who can inspire a team to turn big ideas into action? Do you have a passion for learning new things? In particular, are you interested in working with innovative tech companies across different sectors? If yes, this could be the perfect role for you.
We’re looking for an accomplished Vice President, Digital Marketing to join our growing team. This is a highly-visible client-facing position. This role is equal parts strategic, creative and disciplined. We want you to take your expertise and apply it to multiple tech companies across various sectors, such as Adtech, Martech, Edtech, Fintech, Retailtech, and eCommerce.
You will be leading a team of marketing ops and demand generation professionals to drive strategy and impact for clients. This role reports into the Managing Director.
Experience in a wide range of digital specialty areas, including measurement and analytics, paid social media, PPC and digital display advertising, email marketing, and digital tools such as Hubspot, Marketo, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Google Analytics, Hootsuite, Sprout Social, SEMRush and others, required.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
External Client Responsibilities:
- Be an industry expert on all things digital, including demand generation, marketing automation, account based marketing, and customer journey mapping
- Identify emerging digital trends, opportunities and risks for clients and internal stakeholders
- Be the executive facing lead in client engagements and build a strong rapport with client c-suite or executive team
- Assess and find gaps in clients’ existing marketing tech and demand gen programs
- Lead the strategy and oversee the execution of digital marketing plans and programs
- Collaborate with product marketing to map clients’ audience segments and build digital strategies to engage those audiences
- Develop executive-facing and board-level best practice reporting
- Provide clients with monthly and quarterly campaign impact and performance reports
- Direct team to continually analyze and optimize campaign performance
- Create a framework for continuous test and learn experiments across digital channels
- Client planning: support Managing Director on client planning, team resourcing, and budgeting against projects and retainers
- Solution development and management: own and manage existing as well as new growth marketing solutions, including solution packaging, pricing and go-to-market
- Sales collateral: develop and maintain compelling sales collateral to support growth marketing solutions, including first call decks, solution deep-dive decks and case studies
- New business: work alongside VP of Business Development to pitch growth marketing solutions and develop bespoke proposals and SOWs
- Reporting: develop and maintain a client facing quarterly scorecard providing insights across digital performance
- Team Management: lead, train and develop the existing growth marketing team, including digital and demand generation team members
- Manage the flow of work among junior team members to ensure that client objectives are met
- Act as the 'champion' of the team and ensure that the staff is motivated, engaged and working to potential
- Develop and conduct annual team member reviews and salary increases.
- Ensure team members maintain and execute quarterly MBOs, with a strong emphasis on individual growth and development
- Maintain a strong bench of freelancers, contractors, partner firms and agencies to support and augment the internal growth marketing team
- Assist team members with developing and advancing their digital skills
What We’re Looking For
- Experience — 10+ years of experience leading digital initiatives including digital strategy, marketing ops strategy, demand gen strategy, SEO, SEM, and paid media.
- Industry Experience - you have multiple years of experience in the tech / SAAS space, and you’re passionate about the transformative impact of technology on businesses and people.
- Cross-Functional Experience — you have a proven track record of working with specialists across product marketing, digital marketing, design, and communications.
- Collaboration — you thrive in an environment where everyone works remotely; you can successfully lead and collaborate with other senior professionals and external contractors.
- Initiative — you actively look for content or strategic gaps and address them with a positive, solution-oriented approach. You understand a start-up mindset and can operate with speed and agility while still prioritizing quality results.
- Excellence — you set high expectations and only put your best work in front of team members and clients.
- Communication — you have excellent written, verbal and presentation skills. You can deliver thoughts and direction in a clear and concise manner.
- Growth Mindset — you bring complementary skills and expertise to the team on a consistent basis and are always willing to teach as well as learn from team members.
- Organization — you value organization, efficiency and transparency; always striving to keep clients and team members in the loop.
- We strike a perfect balance between being strategic and executing with excellence for our clients.
- We are diverse and inclusive. We respect different viewpoints and educational backgrounds, and ensure employees and contractors pay parity.
- We promote our people and help team members develop their personal brands in the market.
- We encourage independence. We work remotely and transparently while avoiding micromanaging, schedule-policing and presenteeism.
- Our open time-off policy means you take the time you need. We believe hard workers need time to recharge.
SalientMG is a strategic marketing firm based in New York City with team members across North America. We are senior marketers, not traditional consultants. We collaborate with our clients to identify their salient points - what makes their business truly remarkable. B2B tech companies partner with us to launch, accelerate, or streamline their marketing strategy and programs. Since 2013, growth-stage tech companies such as Verizon, Etsy, Ogury, Ubermedia and Rovio have relied on us to create market-differentiation and accelerate growth. Our clients are accepted by referral only.
SalientMG provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by federal law. In addition to federal law requirements, SalientMG complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.