Director, Media Relations
About the Role:
Do you have a strong passion for identifying untold stories that generate impact? Do you understand the power of thinking cross-functionally and have endless curiosity? Are you interested in working with innovative, startup tech companies across different sectors? If yes, this role will be your next game-changing career move.
We’re looking for an A+ Director, Media Relations to join our growing team.
The Director, Media Relations is a highly visible client-facing role within the Executive Visibility & PR team. The ideal candidate must have a firm grasp of the media terrain, understand news cycles, and how to expertly build narratives that will resonate with the media to best position SalientMG’s clients in their relevant markets. They have solid contacts with top-tier media, across many sectors including, Tech, Business, Consumer, Edtech, Adtech, Martech, Fintech, Retail, DTC, Gaming and eCommerce. This is a remote position ideally based in NY, DC, or CA and reports to the Executive Visibility & PR team lead.
What We’re Looking For:
- Experience - 10+ years of demonstrated PR and media relations experience; a successful candidate must have experience in B2B and tech/SaaS companies; experience in-house/client-side is also highly preferred.
- Collaboration - thrive in an environment where everyone works remotely; you can successfully lead and collaborate with other senior professionals and external contractors.
- Initiative - understand the start-up mindset and prioritize speed, agility and results. You actively look for gaps with a positive, solution-oriented approach.
- Delivering with excellence - Experience leading accounts and driving significant portions of media relations programs, diverse work samples that exemplify expert execution of media relations goals.
- Communication - superior written, verbal, and presentation skills; delivering your thoughts and ideas in a clear and concise manner.
- Growth mindset - you bring complementary skills and expertise to the team on a consistent basis; Collaborative, consistent approach to work and team.
- Organization - you value organization, efficiency and transparency; always striving to keep clients and team members in the loop, direct, transparent, inclusive interpersonal communication skills.
- Strategy & Planning - Execute media engagement strategy, with a constant drive for improvement.
- Implementation & Measurement - Communicate program strategies and results consistently to create transparency and visibility into the progression of client campaign initiatives.
- We strike a perfect balance between being strategic and executing with excellence for our clients.
- We are diverse and inclusive. We respect different viewpoints, educational backgrounds, and ensure employees and contractors pay parity.
- We promote our people and help team members develop their personal brands in the market.
- We encourage independence. We work remotely and transparently while avoiding micromanaging, schedule-policing and presenteeism.
- Our open time-off policy means you take the time you need. We believe hard workers need time to recharge.
SalientMG is a strategic marketing firm based in New York City with team members across North America. We are senior marketers, not traditional consultants. We collaborate with our clients to identify their salient points - what makes their business truly remarkable. B2B tech companies partner with us to launch, accelerate, or streamline their marketing strategy and programs. Since 2013, growth-stage tech companies such as Verizon, Etsy, UM and Rovio have relied on us to create market-differentiation and accelerate growth. Our clients are accepted by referral only.