Director, Demand Generation
About the Role
We’re looking for an accomplished Director of Demand Generation to join our growing team. You’ll apply your content creation expertise to tech companies across various sectors, such as Adtech, Martech, Edtech, Fintech, Retailtech, and eCommerce.
This is a dynamic, highly-visible, client-facing position. On the strategic side, you’ll develop strategies and execute campaigns that effectively positions clients where they want to be in the marketplace and in front of the right buyers through paid and owned channels. On the tactical side, you’ll need to be comfortable shifting focus and style from project to project or client to client. Since this is a newly created role, we’re excited to see the range of ideas and skills you bring to the position.
The Director of Demand Generation will report to the Senior Growth Marketing Director and will work closely with other employees and contractors. The right candidate for this role should have experience with the following. Required skills include: AdWords, Facebook Ads, LinkedIn Ads, SEO. Nice to have skills include: Google Analytics, Google Ads & Retargeting , Hubspot, Marketo.
What You’ll Be Doing?
- This role is equal parts strategy and execution - in other words, you’ll be developing thoughtful owned and paid audience and acquisition strategies and leading the execution of it, drawing on your tech industry experience.
- Collaborate directly with client marketing teams and executives to create differentiated and impactful paid and owned marketing strategies and executional plans.
- Develop and manage strategy and budget for all paid and owned media channels to optimize audiences and drive growth.
- Conceptualize and implement strategy to optimize campaigns to drive the most impactful mix of tactics across acquisition channels.
- Develop and execute paid and owned campaigns across organic and paid social, SEM, and SEO.
- Establish and foster relationships with the sales teams at industry trade publications to develop sponsored content offerings for SMG clients.
- Regularly update KPIs and dashboards demonstrating performance; analyze results and provide learnings and recommendations on how to improve the performance of campaign narratives and KPIs inclusive of internal benchmarking.
- Serve as the expert of digital marketing acquisition strategies; stay on the pulse of which tactics and tools are new and emerging to improve online presence and performance
- Partner with Senior Content Marketing Manager(s) on keyword research, copy optimization, on-page and off-page search engine optimization, social media optimization and linking strategies to drive traffic and increase website visibility in all relevant search engines
- Direct, collaborate, and partner with the internal content team on asset development needed to deliver on campaigns.
- Direct, collaborate and manage external vendors and freelancers for creative, design, audio & video production, and more, to ensure campaigns are visually brought to life.
- Project management for assigned tasks. Although you will work with an Accounts Lead on all client work, you are responsible for ensuring adherence to the brief/project direction and the proactive tracking and reporting of progress toward milestones and on-time delivery.
What We’re Looking For
- Experience — you have a minimum of seven to ten (7-10) years experience in audience development and paid acquisition (it’s ok if past job titles don’t specify this, as long as you’ve done the work in a professional capacity).
- Industry Experience — you have multiple years of experience in the tech / SAAS space, and you’re passionate about the transformative impact of technology on businesses and people.
- Cross-Functional Experience — you have a proven track record of working with specialists across product marketing, digital marketing, design, and communications.
- Collaboration — you thrive in an environment where everyone works remotely; you can successfully lead and collaborate with other senior professionals and external contractors.
- Initiative — you actively look for strategic gaps and address them with a positive, solution-oriented approach. You understand a start-up mindset and can operate with speed and agility while still prioritizing quality results.
- Excellence — you set high expectations and only put your best work in front of team members and clients.
- Communication — you have excellent written, verbal and presentation skills. You can deliver thoughts and direction in a clear and concise manner.
- Growth Mindset — you bring complementary skills and expertise to the team on a consistent basis and are always willing to teach as well as learn from team members.
- Organization — you value organization, efficiency and transparency; always striving to keep clients and team members in the loop.
- We strike a perfect balance between being strategic and executing with excellence for our clients.
- We are diverse and inclusive. We respect different viewpoints and educational backgrounds, and ensure employees and contractors pay parity.
- We promote our people and help team members develop their personal brands in the market.
- We encourage independence. We work remotely and transparently while avoiding micromanaging, schedule-policing and presenteeism.
- Our open time-off policy means you take the time you need. We believe hard workers need time to recharge.
SalientMG is a strategic marketing firm based in New York City with team members across North America. We are senior marketers, not traditional consultants. We collaborate with our clients to identify their salient points - what makes their business truly remarkable. B2B tech companies partner with us to launch, accelerate, or streamline their marketing strategy and programs. Since 2013, growth-stage tech companies such as Verizon, Etsy, Ogury, Ubermedia and Rovio have relied on us to create market-differentiation and accelerate growth. Our clients are accepted by referral only.
SalientMG provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by federal law. In addition to federal law requirements, SalientMG complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.