About the Role
Are you a multi-talented marketing writer who’s a stickler for good storytelling and proper grammar? Do you have a passion for learning new things? In particular, are you interested in working with innovative tech companies across different sectors and have a talent for inspiring others through your writing? — If yes, this could be the perfect role for you.
We’re looking for an accomplished Senior Content Marketing Manager to join our growing team. You’ll apply your content creation expertise to tech companies across various sectors, such as Adtech, Martech, Edtech, Fintech, Retailtech, and eCommerce.
But this is not a technical writing job—it’s a dynamic, highly-visible, client-facing position. On the creative side, you’ll develop content that effectively positions clients where they want to be in the marketplace. On the tactical side, you’ll need to be comfortable shifting focus and style from project to project or client to client. The successful candidate will be both an exceptional wordsmith and an organized, detail-oriented marketing professional. Since this is a newly created role, we’re excited to see the range of ideas and skills you bring to the position.
The Senior Content Marketing Manager will report to the Senior Growth Marketing Director.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- This role is equal parts strategy and execution - in other words, you’ll be developing thoughtful content strategy and leading the execution of it, drawing on your tech industry experience.
- Collaborate directly with client marketing teams and executives to create differentiated and impactful content marketing strategies and execution plans.
- Lead the entire end-to-end production of mid-funnel content assets aimed at educating and driving interest among prospect buyers and customers
- Create medium-to-long form content assets such as white papers, blog posts, collateral (brochures, case studies), reports, benchmarks, videos, infographics, and more.
- Experience in video scripting and managing productions for customer testimonials, product demos, sizzle reels, and other video assets.
- Develop and contribute to larger integrated campaign frameworks.
- Ensure clients have strong keyword/key-phrase strategies and optimized content assets for SEO.
- Direct, collaborate, and manage external vendors and freelancers for creative, design, audio & video production, and more, to ensure content is visually brought to life.
- Collaborate with the Senior Growth Marketing Director and Digital Marketing team members to ensure the content is distributed to the right audiences across the right channels.
- Collaborate with the Senior Product Marketing Director to establish and productize our content marketing solutions for clients.
- Provide support for our blog and other content marketing needs.
- Adhering to existing style guides and/or helping develop and maintain consistent content standards.
- Project management for assigned tasks. Although you will work with an Accounts Lead on all client work, you are responsible for ensuring adherence to the brief/project direction and the proactive tracking and reporting of progress toward milestones and on-time delivery.
What We’re Looking For
- Experience — you have a minimum of seven (7) years experience writing marketing copy (it’s ok if past job titles don’t specify this, as long as you’ve done the work in a professional capacity).
- Industry Experience — you have multiple years of experience in the tech / SAAS space, and you’re passionate about the transformative impact of technology on businesses and people.
- Cross-Functional Experience — you have a proven track record of working with specialists across product marketing, digital marketing, design, and communications.
- Collaboration — you thrive in an environment where everyone works remotely; you can successfully lead and collaborate with other senior professionals and external contractors.
- Initiative — you actively look for content or strategic gaps and address them with a positive, solution-oriented approach. You understand a start-up mindset and can operate with speed and agility while still prioritizing quality results.
- Excellence — you set high expectations and only put your best work in front of team members and clients.
- Communication — you have excellent written, verbal and presentation skills. You can deliver thoughts and direction in a clear and concise manner.
- Growth Mindset — you bring complementary skills and expertise to the team on a consistent basis and are always willing to teach as well as learn from team members.
- Organization — you value organization, efficiency and transparency; always striving to keep clients and team members in the loop.
- We strike a perfect balance between being strategic and executing with excellence for our clients.
- We are diverse and inclusive. We respect different viewpoints and educational backgrounds, and ensure employees and contractors pay parity.
- We promote our people and help team members develop their personal brands in the market.
- We encourage independence. We work remotely and transparently while avoiding micromanaging, schedule-policing and presenteeism.
- Our open time-off policy means you take the time you need. We believe hard workers need time to recharge.
SalientMG is a strategic marketing firm based in New York City with team members across North America. We are senior marketers, not traditional consultants. We collaborate with our clients to identify their salient points - what makes their business truly remarkable. B2B tech companies partner with us to launch, accelerate, or streamline their marketing strategy and programs. Since 2013, growth-stage tech companies such as Verizon, Etsy, Ogury, Ubermedia and Rovio have relied on us to create market-differentiation and accelerate growth. Our clients are accepted by referral only.
SalientMG provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by federal law. In addition to federal law requirements, SalientMG complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.