About The Role
Are you interested in working with innovative tech companies across different sectors and have a talent for Go to Market Strategy and implementation? Do you have experience with Product Marketing for B2B and SAAS companies? Have you worked at a start-up, or on the client-side? Have you worked at an agency or as a consultant? If yes, this could be the perfect role for you.
We’re looking for an exceptional Director of Product Marketing to join our growing team and apply their expertise to tech companies across various sectors, such as Adtech, Martech, Edtech, Fintech, Retailtech and eCommerce. This is a highly visible client-facing position.
The Director of Product Marketing will report to the Senior Director of Product Marketing and work to develop and execute a best-in-class tech product marketing practice. A successful candidate will bring strong experience in building out a product marketing framework that can scale across several fast-growing, innovative clients.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to acting as a client lead for:
- GTM Strategy: Lead GTM and Product Marketing projects and activities for clients:
- Drive go-to-market vision, strategy and model for new and existing product solutions and feature releases.
- Collaborate with client’s cross-functional teams to build complex marketing programs at scale, including partnering with internal and external resources.
- Uncover opportunities within client accounts for improved retention and growth.
- Positioning & Messaging: Lead client product Positioning & Messaging projects.
- Leverage and improve Salient’s Positioning and Messaging framework to deliver repeatable projects for clients.
- Develop a deep understanding of the client's solution, buyers’ needs, and the competitive landscape to build a compelling narrative for the client's products and services.
- Understand client’s customers journey, prioritize use cases, and become an expert on competitive differentiators.
- Create compelling, differentiated messaging and positioning, with a clear understanding of customer use cases/persona and the core capabilities of client’s solutions and services.
- Collaborate with copywriters to operationalize messaging. Ensure consistent messaging across campaigns, sales tools and collateral differentiating products / solutions from competition and driving customer acquisition and retention.
- Sales Enablement: Lead client Sales Enablement projects, including executing and directing internal and external resources in:
- Key sales enablement and collateral development including case studies, executive briefings/summaries, reference webinars, pitch decks, scripts, battle cards, competitive positioning pieces, and other collateral.
- Conduct and organize in-person or virtual Sales Training sessions for client Sales Teams.
- Analyze the performance/effectiveness of sales materials, including win/loss analysis, to inform new collateral and optimization of existing assets.
What We’re Looking For:
- Experience — you have 5-7+ years of demonstrated product marketing strategy and execution experience with Technology/ SAAS companies, B2B and growth-stage companies. You’ve been on the client-side, and/or on the agency/ consulting side of the business.
- Cross-functional — you have a proven track record of working with specialists across product marketing, content creation, digital marketing, product, communications and more.
- Collaboration — you thrive in an environment where everyone works remotely; you can successfully lead and collaborate with other senior professionals and external contractors.
- Initiative — you understand the start-up mindset and prioritize speed, agility and results. You actively look for gaps with a positive, solution-oriented approach.
- Delivering with excellence — you only put the best in front of team members and clients.
- Communication — you have excellent written, verbal and presentation skills; delivering your thoughts and ideas in a clear and concise manner.
- Growth mindset — you bring complementary skills and expertise to the team on a consistent basis; always willing to teach the team and learn from team members.
- Organization — you value organization, efficiency and transparency; always striving to keep clients and team members in the loop.
- We strike a perfect balance between being strategic and executing with excellence for our clients.
- We are diverse and inclusive. We respect different viewpoints, educational backgrounds, and ensure employees and contractors pay parity.
- We promote our people and help team members develop their personal brands in the market.
- We encourage independence. We work remotely and transparently while avoiding micromanaging, schedule-policing, and presenteeism.
- Our open time-off policy means you take the time you need. We believe hard workers need time to recharge.
SalientMG is a strategic marketing agency for growth-stage B2B Tech startups. We are a team of "senior doers" - not just consultants - who identify our client's salient points then launch, accelerate, and streamline their marketing strategy and programs. Since 2013, growth-stage tech companies such as Verizon, Etsy, Ogury, Ubermedia and Rovio have relied on us to create market-differentiation and accelerate growth. Our clients are accepted by referral only.
SalientMG provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, SalientMG complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.